For protection against erectile dysfunction, the flowing rules must be observed:
- Regular physical exercise (30 minutes daily)
- Control and maintenance of the normal body weight
- Reduction of body weight in obese patients
- Mediterranean diet
- Smoking cessation
- Control and maintenance of normal cholesterol and triglycerides levels
- Blood glucose regulation in diabetic patients
- Blood pressure regulation
- Depression management and anxiety control
- Alcohol abuse avoidance
It has been observed that anything that affects the cardiac vessels also affects erection.
Research conducted on patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) has shown that erectile dysfunction precedes the CAD onset (heart attack) by 3 years.
This happens because the diameter of the penile vessels is 3 times smaller than cardiac ones, and thus they develop stenosis earlier and more readily.