Achillefs M. Drogosis – Consultant Urological Surgeon MD, FEBU, FECSM
“Ippokrateio” Athens General Hospital
Achillefs M. Drogosis is a full member of the:
- Hellenic Urological Association (HUA)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM)
Born in Athens, Greece
Graduated from the School of Medicine, The University of L'Aquila, Italy, with summa cum laude (110/110 e lode).
Fulfilled his mandatory military service as Army Doctor (Sgt.)
Completed his mandatory medical rural practice in Fthiotida, Greece.
Specialized in Urology and subsequently worked at the following hospitals:
- Patras University Hospital (Department of Surgery)
- “Elpis” Athens General Hospital (Department of Urology)
- “Agios Savvas” Athens Cancer Hospital (Department of Plastic Surgery)
- “Georgios Gennimatas” Athens General Hospital (Department of Gynecology)
Upon receiving his specialization, Mr. Drogosis successfully sat the certification exams of the European Association of Urology and was appointed Fellow of the European Board (FEBU)
He trained in Sexual Medicine (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece), successfully sat the exams of the European Union of Medical Specialists (U.E.M.S), and was awarded the title Fellow of the European Committee of Sexual Medicine (FECSM).
Accredited to perform ultrasound examination by the Greek Ministry of Health.
His research includes participation in 2 clinical studies, one of which was international and multicenter.
He has participated in 10 international and 25 Hellenic medical conferences.
In 2012, he received the Karl Storz Award for the best poster presentation in Southeastern Europe.
Major publications and posters at International Conferences:
- Medium term results of female pelvic flour reconstruction with synthetic meshes. A clinical comparison of efficacy the operating time and complications. Our 6 year experience. (SEEM 2012 & EAU Annual Congress 2013)
Drogosis A, Salmas I , Kollaitis G, Kapetanellis E, Spapis V, Papathanasiou G, Tompros G, Karanastasis D.
- "The use of 3-piece Inflatable Penile Prosthesis in the management of Erectile Dysfunction. Effectiveness and Complications. The 7 year experience in our Department". (SEEM 2012).
Drogosis A, Kollaitis G, Salmas I, Kapetanellis E, Spapis V, Papathanasou G , Tsagkatakis E, Tompros G, Karanastasis D.
- Long-Term Durability, Functional Outcomes and Complications among Patients with Artificial Urinary Sphincter AMS 800 (SEEM 2012).
Drogosis A, Tompros G, Salmas I, Kapetanellis E, Spapis V, Papathasasiou G, Kollaitis G, Tsagkatakis E, Karanastasis D.
- Long term assessment of the tension free vaginal tapes in female urinary incontinece. (SEEM 2015)
Drivalοs A, Drogosis A, Fragkoulis G, Theodoropoulos G, Kollaitis G, Tompros G, Tsagkatakis E, Karanastasis D.
- New surgical treatment of phimosis with non-invasive techniques (1st International Aesthetic and Soft Surgery Conference)
Drogosis A, Karanastasis D.
- The Use of non-invasive techniques for the treatment of genital warts (1st International Aesthetic and Soft Surgery Conference)
Drogosis A, Karanastasis D.